“Music not only helps in other disciplines like math and reading, it helps in and of itself! Music is an art form that both stands on its own and supports learning for the whole child.
• Band develops skills needed by the 21st century workforce: Critical thinking, creative problem solving, effective communication, team work, and more.
• Band keeps students engaged in school and less likely to drop out or become disinterested.
• Band improves the atmosphere for learning.
• Band helps students achieve in other academic subjects such as math, science, and reading.
• Band is a disciplined human endeavor with intrinsic value to society.
• The nation’s top business executives agree that arts education programs can help repair weaknesses in American education and better prepare workers for the 21st century.
• A Columbia University study revealed that across socioeconomic levels, students in the arts are found to be more cooperative with teachers and peers, more self-confident, and better able to express their ideas.
• Students at your school want to learn an instrument!