Music Learning is preparing an upgraded Distance Learning Platform. We will release the updated Distance Learning Platform / Content Delivery Program by August 1, 2020. We eagerly look forward to working together in person, but we will continue to offer Distance Learning opportunities throughout the 2020 – 2021 school year. These options will be available as an enhancement to on campus / in person learning or as a stand alone program depending on each student’s needs.
As we transition to our new platform, some pages below will require a password for access. 2019-2020 music learning students in good standing can continue to access the lesson archives until the new platform launches. Your band director or the music learning office can provide that password to you.
Music Learning Teachers, Directors, and Staff have been working hard to quickly build a robust online presence and class structure. These on-demand classes, master classes, practice sessions, and live, interactive workshops are a great way for students to work with the teachers they already know – right away!
Teacher Introduction Messages
Live Interactive Master Classes & Workshops:
(formerly referred to as Virtual Office Hours)
Live Interactive Teacher Master Classes & Remote Learning Class Schedule
Archives: Live MasterClasses & Workshops
Play-Along Audio Rehearsal Tracks:
Play-Along Audio Tracks
Mr. Bishop’s Theory Lessons:
School Specific Pages:
(not all schools are included yet)
School Specific Pages
On-Demand Specific Lessons & Tutorials:
Beginner Band Lessons
Beginner Band Class Sessions
Beginner Band Song Workshops
Beginner Band Worksheet 1-4 & Quarter Note Mania 1 & 2
Let’s Get Started, 2 More Notes, & 7 Notes You Need to Know
Song Sheet 1 & Take Me Out to the Ballgame Lessons
Staccato Me Lessons
5 Note Workout
Christmas & Holiday Song Tutorials
Let’s Get Low, Slurs and More Slurs, Chromatic Fun, & 5 Note Workout Lessons
Rhythm Sheets 1-7 Lessons
Concert Band Lessons
Concert Band Class Sessions
Concert Band Song Workshops
Honor Band Lessons
Honor Band Lessons
Jazz & Improvisation Lessons
MS Drumline Classes
US Drumline Classes
Choir/Vocal Music Lessons
General Music Education/ Music & Movement Pre-K – 8 Music Lessons
Middle School General Music Class Sessions
Elementary Music and Movement and General Music Class Sessions
We want to personally extend our thoughts and prayers to our students and their families. We hope that you remain safe and healthy.
As most of your campuses transition to Distance Learning, we want to reassure you that your students will continue to receive instrumental music, vocal music, and general music instruction from the Music Learning instructors they are used to seeing on a daily or weekly basis.
- Music Learning Teachers are actively teaching and providing educational opportunities for students immediately.
- Our Instrumental Music, Choir, and General Music Education Classes will “transition to temporarily distance learning” so that our students can and will continue to receive music education in this time away from school. Our classes and programs are not cancelled or postponed – they are just occurring in a different environment.
- Music Learning Teachers will adapt and integrate with your school’s plans.
- This situation will continue to evolve and improve as we navigate this new learning environment together. The connection our teachers have with our students and families is important. Our goal is to provide as much personal experience with appropriate student/teacher interaction as possible. We will augment that personal experience with additional technology, but with the foundation of meaningful teacher/student instruction and interaction.
- Our Distance Learning Program includes:
- On-Demand Classes and Lessons with our current staff. If your school requests one, you have the option to complete a brief quiz or answer sheet to provide “proof of attendance”.
- Digital “Office Hours”: Teachers will be available for live and interactive workshops at announced times throughout the week. This is in addition to direct e-mail correspondence during traditional school hours daily.
- Interactive Small Group Lessons: The nature of a band, choir, or music class makes group learning platforms like Google Hangout, Zoom, and other programs difficult to navigate.
- Augmented Teaching With Technology: We are sharing age-appropriate apps, websites, and subscriptions for our students and parents.
Teachers will present live Masterclasses and Workshops via Zoom. Students are encouraged to participate. Please be aware that the session will be recorded for archive purposes. Videos with students will not be shared online.
When students participate in a Zoom Masterclass or send in a video recording to our teachers, we ask the following:
- A parent or responsible adult should be within earshot of the student.
- The student is dressed appropriately for school. This does not need to be a uniform, but should be appropriate for “free dress” or “sprit days”.
- Digital Office Hours will only be available during traditional school hours.
- Videos should only be sent by adults and/or through official “@musiclearningband.com” or school issued email addresses.
- Students should have an identified, stationary, specific place for learning. Students should not be mobile – traveling throughout their homes during the video interaction.
As much as possible, we want to present an opportunity for students of all levels to enjoy and progress in music. This includes creating a consistent learning plan with familiar teachers, materials, and lessons in what will be a very new environment. We want to establish a new normalcy that creates a sense of routine for both our teachers and their students.